Although the lineup for Bellator’s New York debut extravaganza has held together quite well (so far), the card did take a blow today with the withdrawal of Keri Anne Taylor-Melendez.
Taylor-Melendez (1-0 MMA, 1-0 BMMA), the wife of UFC fighter Gilbert Melendez, was scheduled to meet Sadee Monseratte Williams (0-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) at the Spike-televised Bellator 180 card, which airs prior to Bellator NYC on pay-per-view at Madison Square Garden in New York City.
She’s been forced to withdraw from the contest due to an undisclosed injury, which Taylor-Melendez confirmed on Instagram following an initial report from MMAFighting.com.
There will be no replacement opponent for Williams, and a result of the fight being scrapped another women’s atomweight fight between undefeated pro boxing standout Heather Hardy (0-0 MMA, 0-0 BMMA), who is making her MMA debut at the event, and Alice Yauger (4-5 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) will be elevated from the non-televised prelims, which stream on MMAjunkie.
The Bellator 180 lineup now includes:
MAIN CARD (Spike, 8 p.m. ET)
- Champ Phil Davis vs. Ryan Bader – for light heavyweight title
- Neiman Gracie vs. Dave Marfone
- James Gallagher vs. Chinzo Machida
- Heather Hardy vs. Alice Yauger
PRELIMINARY CARD (6 p.m. ET)
- Ryan Couture vs. Haim Gozali
- Anthony Giacchina vs. Jerome Mickle
- Hugh McKenna vs. John Salgado
- Matt Rizzo vs. Sergio da Silva
- Bradley Desir vs. Nate Grebb