One fighter’s loss is another’s gain as Peruvian featherweight Humberto Bandenay will get a crack at the UFC.
UFC officials recently announced that Bandenay (13-4 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will step in for Chris Gruetzemacher (13-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) and face Martin Bravo (11-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC at UFC Fight Night 114 on Aug. 5 at Mexico City Arena. The night’s official bout order has yet to be revealed, but the card airs on FS1 following early prelims on UFC Fight Pass.
In addition to the change, UFC officials also confirmed a handful of bouts that had been previously reported, including Alan Jouban (15-5 MMA, 6-3 UFC) vs. Niko Price (10-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC), Henry Briones (16-6-1 MMA, 1-2 UFC) vs. Rani Yahya (23-9 MMA, 8-3 UFC), Alejandro Perez (17-6-1 MMA, 3-1-1 UFC) vs. Andre Soukhamthath (11-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC) and Jose Quinonez (5-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) vs. Diego Rivas (7-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC).
Bravo won “The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America 3” in 2016 after scoring a TKO win over Claudio Puelles in the lightweight-tournament final. It remains “El Toro’s” most recent appearance. Prior to the reality show, the 23-year-old Mexican fighter dominated his country’s regional scene with a 10-0 career start that included eight stoppages.
Meanwhile, Bandenay makes his promotional debut on the strength of a five-fight winning streak in which all five wins have come by way of stoppage. He fought most recently in May, scoring a first-round submission win via armbar in a King of the Cage contest.
With the changes in the lineup, UFC Fight Night 114 now includes:
- Sergio Pettis vs. Brandon Moreno
- Alexa Grasso vs. Randa Markos
- Jack Hermansson vs. Bradley Scott
- Alan Jouban vs. Niko Price
- Sam Alvey vs. Rashad Evans
- Joseph Morales vs. Roberto Sanchez
- Henry Briones vs. Rani Yahya
- Alvaro Herrera vs. Jordan Rinaldi
- Dustin Ortiz vs. Hector Sandoval
- Alejandro Perez vs. Andre Soukhamthath
- Jose Quinonez vs. Diego Rivas
- Martin Bravo vs. Chris Gruetzemacher