Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News, Videos
John Howard is back – and it was a triumphant return.
The event aired on AXS TV from Twin River Casino in Lincoln, R.I.
Howard, who returned to the cage after again getting the itch to fight, competed under the CES MMA banner for the first time since 2013, when he parlayed some success with the regional powerhouse into a second UFC stint.
In his CES MMA return, Howard did what he does best: He wore down Carroll, took him down, and dominated the action on the mat. It resulted in a unanimous decision victory via 30-26, 30-27 and 30-27 scores.
In the featherweight co-main event, Dinis Paiva (10-6), who’s spent his entire 16-fight and seven-year pro career with CES MMA, scored a come-from-behind victory over Branden Seyler (7-6-1) via second-round TKO.
Additionally, Gary Balletto Jr. (5-1) stretched his wining streak to five with a submission win over Sharif Jones (3-3). All of his victories have come via stoppage.
The full CES MMA 47 results included:
MAIN CARD (AXS TV, 9 p.m. ET)
- John Howard def. Roger Carroll via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
- Dinis Paiva def. Branden Seyler via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 3:08
- Gary Balletto Jr. vs. Sharif Jones via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 3:17
- Rico DiSciullo def. Seth Basler via submission (Peruvian necktie) – Round 1, 2:59
- Jon Lemke def. Josh LaBerge via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Justin Sumter def. Shedrick Goodridge via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 1:56
PRELIMINARY CARD (Untelevised, 7 p.m. ET)
- John Gotti III def. Johnny Adams via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 3:50
- Marquis Brewster def. Raymond Yanez via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 2:17
- Pat McCrohan def. Buck Pineau via TKO (punche) – Round 1, 4:56