LFA has a new titleholder, but was it the result of an early stoppage?
That’s what fans and cageside commentators were debating after Friday’s LFA 31 main event, which aired on AXS TV from Comerica Theatre in Phoenix.
In that featured bout, Thanh Le (8-1) dropped Bobby Moffett (10-3) in the second round with a stiff left hand, and he then followed him to the mat for a quick flurry of follow-up punches. The ref then waved off the fight, though Moffett appeared to be trying to secure an arm at the time.
Check out the finish, which earned Le the interim featherweight title and a likely date with champ Kevin Aguilar, above and judge for yourself.
Regardless, 32-year-old Le, who scored a head-kick win over Lazar Stojadinovic at Dana White’s Contender Series 2 in July, now has an eight-fight winning streak that includes eight stoppages.
The full LFA 31 results included:
MAIN CARD (AXS TV, 9 p.m. ET)
- Thanh Le def. Bobby Moffett via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 0:55 – to win interim featherweight title
- Ian Heinisch def. Daniel Madrid via knockout (punches) – Round 2, 3:56
- Matthew Frincu def. Roman Alcantar via TKO (injury) – Round 2, 4:10
- Casey Kenney def. Kendrick Latchman via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27 30-27)
- Jordan Winski def. Mike Hamel via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 4:06
- Cory Sandhagen def. Jose Aguayovia TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 1:07
- Mario Bautista def. Raphael Montini via TKO (doctor’s stoppage) – Round 2, 5:00
Source: MMA Junkie