The heavyweight title will be up for grabs in LFA 26’s headliner.
LFA 26 takes place Nov. 3 at Arena Theatre in Houston, and the main card airs on AXS TV.
Odors, a 42-year-old Texan and full-time San Antonio police officer, may be in the twilight of his seven-year pro MMA career, but he’s still proving competitive. In June at LFA 15, he picked up his fifth win in six fights and claimed the vacant LFA heavyweight belt with a fifth-round submission victory over Jared Vanderaa.
He now meets Hughes (7-1), a 29-year-old Ohioan who recently rebounded from an IT Fight Series title loss to Dan Spohn with a decision victory over Ryan Pokryfky at a regional show. With four knockouts in seven career wins, he now gets his highest-profile bout yet.
In the LFA 26 co-headliner, Bilal Williams (8-4), a longtime Legacy FC fighter, moves up to middleweight for a fight with fellow AXS TV Fights vet Larry Crowe (9-6), who looks to halt a three-fight skid.
The latest LFA 26 card now includes:
MAIN CARD (AXS TV, 9 p.m. ET)
- Champ Richard Odoms vs. Jeff Hughes – for heavyweight title
- Larry Crowe vs. Bilal Williams
- Kolton Englund vs. Thomas Webb
- Charles Cheeks III vs. Cameron Graves
- Nicole Caliari vs. Itzel Esquivel
- Aaron Davis vs. Jon Harris
- David Acosta vs. Adrian Yanez